RF0102 - SOLD
Historic 19th Century Stone Farmhouse with 1200 feet on the Saranac River
Built in 1895 by Mason Durrand and Forge Boomer President, Duncan Murphy of local stone, in the Center Hall Colonial style. It is the only remaining stone house in Saranac. Sitting on 44 acres with original post and beam peg barn (tractors included), chicken coops and a more modern garage, this property is ready for country living. That said, this home is not stuck in the past. Completely remodeled top to bottom with gourmet kitchen, granite counter tops, modern appliances, stone tile floors in the bathroom, whirlpool tub, etc. For computer networks, CAT 5 wiring is throughout. New systems in 2002 include OFA Furnace, Central A/C and Oil Hot Water.
Currently there is approximately 2000 s/f of living space with another 700 s/f on the third floor to be finished as well as a full height, full basement.
This property is set nicely on a back road, across the Saranac River from the main route between Plattsburg and Saranac Lake. How nice it will be to cross the river on an old steel bridge to get home after a long day. This property is in the perfect setting for that comforting, so glad to be home feeling. The house and out buildings are across the small side road from the river and elevated enough to dispell any worries of flooding. Convenient to the shopping and restaurants of the City of Plattsburg. The small city and mountains of Saranac Lake are in the other direction.
The Town of Saranac, today a sleepy village and farm community, roughly 15 miles outside of Plattsburg was once a thriving iron mining and forge town known as Moffitsville, then changed to New Russia and eventually Saranac.
Reference RF0102 Listed at $349,000
Property is Broker Owned, Terms / Owner Financing Available